Wednesday, July 22, 2015

My Top 10 Songs


    So I was thinking of some of my favorite songs lately and I figured I would share them with you all. Most likely I will finish this post, publish it and walk away feeling satisfied....until I remember that 1 song that I absolutely l-o-v-e, and forgot to add. So these are some of my top 10 favorites songs.


#10. Hmm, probably one from Disney's Tarzan, "Two Worlds". So, it's catchy and powerful and full on 90's. Not to mention the heart it has to offer.

#9. Sorry, no picture for this one. This would have to be the theme song on the awesome show CHiPs. Alan Silvestri did incredible on that soundtrack.


#8. For this one I would probably choose "He's a Pirate" from Pirates of the Caribbean: The Black Pearl. Really this theme runs throughout the whole soundtrack. What I like about it the fun and excitement. It makes great background music.


#7. The main theme from Avengers-entitled "The Avengers"-the music is so triumphant, exciting, and has a sense of coming together in it.


#6.Well, I am going to make an exception and say the whole soundtrack for Thor. I absolutely love the music, Patrick Doyle's soundtrack have such an incredible depth and excitement.


#5. It would have to be from A New Hope. Specifically, "Tales of a Jedi Knight/Learn About the Force". I love the melancholy almost prolonged sound in the beginning.


#4. So it would have to be "Flying With Mother" from the 2nd How to Train Your Dragon. This song features when Valka and Hiccup are flying together. The music is freeing, exquisite, and has a vigor about it. It is simply jolly and inspiring and showing the growing friendship and unison between Hiccup and Valka.


#3. This would have to be Rohan's theme music. The strength and power and victory of it is so powerful. It is triumphant, hopeful, full of vigor and strength. That song truly shows the power of music.


#2. One from Narnia's The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, entitled "Only the Beginning of the Adventure. To me it speaks of what's to come and what has already been. It's full of hope and excitement not only for life but for the eternity after it. You feel like one of the four Pevinsie's thinking of the beautiful incredible past you've had in Narnia, and the exciting future you have with Aslan/Jesus and in Narnia. It makes me thrilled for not only this lifetime but the eternity afterwards.


#1. Imogene Heap's "Can't Take It" featured in the credits of The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe. Something about this song leaves me in absolute awe. It perfectly describes what you feel when you see Narnia and Aslan. But even above that I feel like it perfectly sums up humanities wonder at all that God is, all that he has made, and all that he means. Sometimes when I hear this song it is so beautiful it hurts. Just like Jesus.


     So here are my top ten songs! Feel free to comment below and let me know what some of your favorite songs are!






1 comment:

Book Review: The Widow of Larkspur Inn

When Life Seemed Its Worst, Gresham Awaited Julia Hollis' opulent life in Victorian London crashes to pieces when her husband pass...