Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Soapboxes

We all have talents, we all have things that we are better at than others; and subsequently, others have things that they can do better than we can. I believe that God gives us these talents, I also believe we have a choice to make; we can either find a soapbox to stand and use these talents to inspire, or we can squander them.

Within these talents lie the ability to touch peoples hearts and souls, to ask of them questions that could ultimately change their lives, opinions, and beliefs. True, most of the time the talents we have are raw, un-polished, rough. But that isn't any reason not to share our abilities even though they may be young. It would have been easier for me not to write this post, I am tempted to believe that I won't reach anyone. And you know what? I may never find out if I did, but at least I have taken up my soapbox and reached out. Someone may read this and be effected, maybe not, but I have stretched myself. And I hope by doing so, I can inspire someone else to do the same.  

I am a writer. New worlds are opened when I write, I derive incredible enjoyment from it, and I believe I can touch hearts by doing it.

Sometimes it's hard to believe we have anything good to say, and even when we do believe, sometimes it's hard to think that anyone is even going to read it. So we give up, we say "What does it matter? No one will read it, see it, like it." How will we ever know, if we don't try? How will we affect the world if we don't put ourselves forward? How will you make the changes you want to make without taking a risk?

Will it always effect someone? Probably not, but keep at it. Find your soapbox, stand on it, and keep shouting out your message. Eventually someone will hear you, eventually someone will think deeply about what you say, eventually you can change the world; one heart, one mind, one soul at a time.

Find your soapbox, look for your talents, then go for it! I have chosen to stand on a soapbox today. I used my natural talent, hoping to inspire others to do the same.

The next time you get an idea that you think could change someone positively are you going to push it aside or are you going try? Stand on your platform, whatever that may be, and shout your message. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book Review: The Widow of Larkspur Inn

When Life Seemed Its Worst, Gresham Awaited Julia Hollis' opulent life in Victorian London crashes to pieces when her husband pass...